Happy Eid Mubarak for my Muslim friends and families.
I made a special Indonesian tradition Eid Mubarak food for hubby. This is one of his favourite must have.
Ingredients A: (Will go into food processor)
Candlenuts 2 (if you do not have this, you may skip, this will add a bit of earthy feel)
chillies (big and small) depending on your own taste
turmeric powder 2 teaspoons
galangal powder 1 teaspoon
ginger about 3 cm
kaffir lime leaves 2-3
coconut milk 2 cans
jackfruit greens 1 can
quail eggs 1 cans
chokoes 2 (cut into julienne)
Chicken (half a kg)
rice cake (buy from groceries so easier to cook)
Ways of Cooking:
- Heat your saucepan with oil, put in your ingredients A from food processor, dont burn it.
- when the fragrance is out, put your ingredients (chicken. jackfruits, chokoes and quail eggs) and simmer them along with the sauce for about a minute or two.
- add your coconut milks, then your waters
- once the coconut milks boil, turn the heat to low and cook slowly until the oil is coming out of the dish.
- You can add this to your rice cake, rice cake is preferable cooked ways beyond you start this dish and have enough time to cool down.
- I normally add crispy sambal shrimp and abc sambal terasi during servings.